Here are some tips for locating your lost pet:
1) Post fliers as soon as possible in the area where your pet may have been lost.
2) Send an email to email@example.com that includes a photo of the animal and the following information:
- Chip (Y/N)
- Other identifying characteristics
- Location last seen
- Phone Number
3) Utilize social media to help spread the word that your pet is lost. Below are several social media sites dedicated to lost and found pets:
4) Complete a lost pet report with STL Lost Pets at www.stllostpets.org.
5) Check Craigslist frequently–under “community” there is a link for “pets”. You should post a photo of your lost pet there, as well as a description. Then, continue to check Craigslist daily to see if perhaps someone else located your pet and has posted it to Craigslist.
6) Continue to check with local shelters. You may need to visit each shelter individually (and perhaps more than once) to walk through to see if your pet has been picked up. Our shelter address is:
2801 Clark Ave., St. Louis, MO 63103
You are welcome to look for your pet anytime between 8am-5pm Monday-Sunday.